Mike Fox introduced the last breakfast for 2018 and welcomed special guest; Mayor of Trafford Tom Ross.
This morning’s presentation was presented by Directors Mark Rebecck and Michael Brown from Maloneview Ltd (the owners of the Sale Square precinct) who shared with us the plans for the redevelopment of the Sale Square Shopping centre, the site is located in Sale town centre, the majority of the site is in active use as a shopping centre.
Maloneview have owned the shopping centre since 2005, on the basis of knowing that it would be a long term redevelopment opportunity.
They explained that the key objective is to make the new shopping precinct a sustainable site, it is already highly accessible in terms of public transport, but the plans also include landscaping and street improvements. The plans include to turn it from inward facing to becoming more open and linking through from both the surrounding roads, Sibson Rd and School Rd.
The planning application is due to be determined in early 2019, after being submitted in July of this year.
The application seeks:
- Demolition of the multi storey
- 6 screen cinema
- 202 residential units (includes 18 townhouses)
- Of which, 10% (20) will be affordable residential units with Trafford Housing Trust
- 2,900 sqm of commercial space
- Extensive landscaping improvements
- Large communal area
- Up to 3,400 sqm of retail floorspace
Construction is planned to commence in Jan 2020 with completion in late 22. The centre will continue to trade throughout this first phase of a three phase redevelopment.
The benefits include:
- New retail units and leisure facilities
- 6 screen cinema
- The new homes bring in new expenditure to the local economy with an increase in council tax to the council
- This will be the catalyst to improve Sale town centre
- Creation of approximately 300 full and part time job opportunities for local residents, not including job creation during the construction phase
- The new residential units will see a significant boost to the local economy, with new residents spending a cumulative total of more than £4m each and every year in Sale and the wider area.
Along with the environmental benefits including 59 trees, communal green space along with green roofs to the new buildings including the cinema.
The redevelopment will create a sustainable town centre that the local people can be proud of with an improved retail and leisure offering and a high quality public realm, providing improvements to the existing town square.
A number of public consultations took place in November 2017 with over 600 people attending.
For more information you can take a look at the developments on both twitter and their website: @salesquareregen or www.salesquareregen.com and the following link directly to the submission to the planning portal: http://www.salesquareregeneration.co.uk/submissions/
Meal for 2 at the Cresta Court – Bill Edisbury
New members this month
Aspen travel, Howarth Holt Bell ltd, The Bowdon group ltd, Water wizard Europe ltd, Cunning Plan Marketing
Next Thursday 13th December Christmas Crackers at the Townfield’s Bar from 4pm to 7pm
New Year Members lunch will take place on the 1st February at the Belmore Hotel in Sale